Tell us a bit about yourself and what you like to read or view and we'll suggest titles for your future reading or viewing
Outdoor Drive-up Return
- Located in the parking lot
- Books on left side
- Media on the right side: DVDs, Audio & Games
- If you are coming in to the building, please do not place your returns in the outside return
We check virtual out-processing (vOP/vMPF) daily
- We see a list of personnel 30 days out. The list is from AFPC. It is not the same thing that personnel see
- Personnel without a Library account are cleared when their name appears on our list; again the list we see is from AFPC
- Personnel with Library accounts must return all items before we clear them. They will be marked in vOP as "Visit Required" until resolved
- For all account issues contact the Circulation Managers at 757-764-2906 or email@example.com or drop by during duty hours
- At checkout, personnel going TDY notify staff members for extended check-out
- Personnel going TDY may request online library resources access codes
Special Collections & Equipment
- Chief of Staff of the Air Force (CSAF) Reading/Viewing collection
- Test Prep: CLEP, DANTES, GRE, etc., CLEP iPod & iPad Air
- Graphic Novels
- Bestsellers & new books: Adult (lease) & YA
- Adult & YA Kits: Leaders Read, BookTalk & Playaway Book Packs
- Military READiness: Military family life collection and Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) collection
- Language learning USBs
- Videogame consoles (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Xbox One, PS4 & Wii U) [some restrictions apply] and video games for all 6 systems
- DVD players for checkout [E-4 and below]
- Off-site Office Libraries
- Children's Kits: Bateman Library Activity & Story Time (B.L.A.S.T.), Early Learning (E.L.K.) & Playaway Book Packs
- Maker Kits, Family Game Kits & Travel Kits for check out
- Noise cancelling headsets for quieter study
- MP3 players
Study Spaces & Quietude
- Study carrels for individual concentration are located at the end of the building in the far left corner.
- Library tables and banquettes can seat 1-6 people for group study.
- Portable acoustical screens are available to contain your conversations and keep them from disturbing others.
- Lounge furniture and adjustable laptop stands are available throughout the library.
- Noise-cancelling headsets are available to check-out for in-library use.
- iPad Airs are available for in-library use.
- iPods loaded with CLEPs are available for both check-out and in-library use.
- Secure Wi-fi is available; ask for the password at the front desk.
Teen Area: Study carrels, table, lounge furniture, computers and noise-cancelling headsets are available.
Children's Room: Right-sized tables, chairs, and computer desks are available.
Public access computers have Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe & Internet/Web access (ACC/commercial network: QoLNet)
- CAC enabled
- Web mail for .mil through AF Portal
- Secure wireless network (password available at front desk)
- Printing: 5 cents per page. Self-service print station accepts U.S. coins, $1 & $5 bills
- Teen & Children's computers are dedicated exclusively to customers of those ages
- iPad Air tablets for in-house use
- Check out mouse at front desk
- CAC credentials must match 633 ABW .mil standards
- Printing: 5 cents per page. Dedicated printer at front desk
- Local: $1.50 first page, $1.00 each additional page
- Long Distance: $2.00 first page, $1.50 each additional page
- Receive: 75 cents per page
- 15 cents per page
- Self-service equipment accepts U.S. coins & $1 bills
What are Beacons and what is BluuBeam?
Q- What is BluuBeam?
A- BluuBeam is a combination of software and hardware that takes all of the complications out of using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology. BLE is sometimes called iBeacon technology. In a nutshell a BLE beacon is a Bluetooth transmitter that broadcasts it's location. Any mobile device running the BluuBeam app can detect a BluuBeam beacon (we call them Beams) when they come within range. Once the mobile device detects a Beam it will display whatever message you've created in the BluuBeam Admin Console.
Q- What about privacy?
A- Privacy isn't an issue because we don't collect any personal information and your patrons would need to "opt in" by downloading the BluuBeam App.
Q- What if your not looking at your phone?
A- BluuBeam will trigger a background notification when it detects a new Beam. This notification resets every 24 hours so you don't keep getting the same notifications.
Info from BluuBeam.com